If you’ve ever taken the time to stop and look at the ingredients that goes into most store-bought vegetable stocks you will be as shocked as we were to see that many contain hydrogenated palm oil, yeast extract and maltodextrin as the first few ingredients, followed by one or two actual vegetables. Thankfully the team at Broth of Life were just as disappointed and have released their own vegetable stock with no hidden nasties.
This stock, not broth, is made with nothing but pure organic vegetables, Himalayan rock salt and organic extra virgin olive oil. To rehydrate you simply add 1 teaspoon to 100ml water.
- Doubles as a seasoning on roasted vegetables.
- No chemicals, preservatives, additives or MSG.
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- Himalayan rock salt.
- Organic celery, carrot, onion, tomato, zucchini, garlic, parsley, bay leaves, sage, basil and rosemary.
- Organic extra virgin olive oil.
If you have vegetarian friends it can often be hard to find a quality stock which satisfies the tastes buds as well as the nutritionals. We road tested Broth of Life’s Vegetable Stock with a number of our favourite soups – namely our Broccoli Soup as well as our Warming Sweet Potato Soup and the flavour did not disappoint. Easy to rehydrate, this is a terrific option for when a recipe calls for vegetable stock.