Carrot for breakfast? Carrots are known to be rich in beta-carotene, an antioxidant which can help naturally boost your immune system this cold and flu season.
Why not try our Carrot and Walnut Chia Pudding this weekend, you will be pleasantly surprised.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 200ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon Heilala Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon grated carrot
- 1 tablespoon coconut yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, crushed
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- Soak chia seeds in almond milk with vanilla, rice malt syrup and grated carrot and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve the chia pudding with the coconut yoghurt, crushed walnuts and pumpkin seeds.
Tip: The trick to a successful chia pudding is to ensure you stir the chia mixture really well before refrigerating.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Min Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator for TNN. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.