Wondering what to do with the abundance of spring asparagus at our disposal? Why not make our Mushroom, Spinach & Asparagus Omelette, the perfect LCHF start to your day, and ideal for any meal. You can find this recipe and many more in our latest eBook, Real Food Brides where we help you say goodbye to hangries and hello to happy fiancé!
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 2 teaspoons cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 button mushrooms, chopped
- 2 asparagus spears, diced
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 3 eggs, free range
- 2 tablespoons water
- 20g organic hard cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Add oil and sauté mushrooms, spinach and asparagus. Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs with 2 tablespoons water, pour into pan and cook for a few minutes until the eggs start to set.
- Add mushroom, spinach and asparagus to half the omelette. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley, fold in half and continue to cook for a further minute. Season well before serving.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator for TNN. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by the divine Sarah Craven Photography.