This simple loaf has proven to be a winner and is especially perfect for afternoon tea.
The loaf is gluten, grain and dairy free as well as refined sugar free. The buckwheat flour creates a denser loaf, allowing it to slice easily. The addition of raspberries make it a taste sensation, and is sure to please any guest.
- 2½ cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon GF baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Heilala Vanilla Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 eggs, free range, beaten
- ¼ cup cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- 1 cup raspberries
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine flours, chia seeds, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the Heilala Vanilla Pure Vanilla Extract, eggs, oil, rice malt syrup and ACV and mix thoroughly.
- Carefully fold in the berries and coconut. If the mixture is very thick, add ½ cup of water and mix thoroughly. All to sit for 15 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into lightly greased bread tin.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Best served warm.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.