Grab your seven-step process to quitting gluten here!
- 1 whole medium sweet potato
- 2 cups almonds*
- 5 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- Peel and roughly chop sweet potato. Boil until soft and set aside to cool. (I often do this step the night before and leave it in the fridge overnight, but it is not essential).
- In a blender, grind almonds, cacao and salt. Pour into a mixing bowl and add coconut oil and rice malt syrup. Combine thoroughly.
- Mash sweet potato and add to the mixing bowl. Fold through and stir well.
- Pour into a lightly greased or lined rectangular pan and pressed down firmly with the back of a spoon.
- Freeze or refrigerate, as it is delicious frozen and served at room temperature. If frozen, removed from the freezer for five minutes before slicing, allowing the coconut oil to melt a little. Makes 10-12 slices. Enjoy.
*This recipe also works well with a combination of nuts. I’ve also used cashews, macadamia nuts and walnuts – divine!